18th of November 2016
- Summary: WoW Chebanca is a cards-based and account to account digital wallet for online purchases and P2P payments operating in Italy and launched in Oct 2014. Masterpass comes already integrated in WoW app, enabling users to make online purchases.
- Website: https://wow.chebanca.it/
- Status: Live
- Market: Italy (Oct ’14)
- Ownership: CheBanca
- Functions: Retail payments (through Masterpass), P2P payments (only for Chebanca customers who have a PayPal account)
- Payment Mode: Cards-based and account to account
- Channel: WEB, SMS
- Roadmap: n/a
- Registration & set up: App is available on App Store, Google Play and Windows Store. User can choose among: using his CheBanca credentials; logging in with his PayPal account or entering manually his Visa or Mastercard from any other bank.
- Making a payment: If user associates multiple payment methods, user can choose which payment method to use for every purchase. Authenticate with PIN. It also supports fingerprint in order to authenticate a transaction for customers who have an Apple Smartphone.
PTP payments: send money using PayPal just entering the beneficiary’s email or phone number; indicate if the payment is for good and services or sending money to friends and relatives.
Online purchases: user uses Masterpass, which comes integrated in WoW.
Payment Flows & Technology
- Merchant perspective: (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
- Security: (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
- Strategy: (Update to follow – further information being obtained)
- Payee fee: (Update to follow – further information being obtained)
- Payer fee: No charge for consumers
- Launch date: Italy (Oct ’14)
- Closed Date: N/A
- Users: No data yet
- Retailers / merchants: No data yet
- Transaction volume: No data yet
- Transaction value: No data yet
- Other data points: No data yet
Links & Media
Contact (MobeyForum Members only)
- Name: N/A
- Address: N/A
- Email: N/A
- Phone: N/A