17th of November 2016
- Summary: Poste Mobile App is a cards-based and account to account digital wallet for NFC-contactless purchases operating in Italy only and launched in Oct ’14. Poste Mobile has been developed by Poste Italiane.
- Website: http://www.postemobile.it/mobile-wallet
- Status: Live
- Market: Italy (Oct ’14)
- Type: Other
- Ownership: Poste Italiane S.p.A.
- Functions: Retail payments only
- Payment Mode: Cards-based and account to account
- Channel: POS via NFC
- Roadmap: n/a
- Registration & set up: App can be downloaded from Google Play, App Store and Windows phone Store. User has to associate with the phone number a BancoPosta payment instrument (current account or Postepay card). User can add up to 4 cards.
- Making a payment: NFC payment initiated by bringing the phone within an inch of a contactless reader. For amounts up to EUR 25 it is not necessary to enter the PIN of the card. Otherwise authenticate with PIN.
Payment Flows & Technology
- Merchant perspective: The merchant processes a payment using their existing payments processing systems. (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
- Security: (Update to follow – further information being obtained)
- Strategy: (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
- Payee fee: (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
- Payer fee: No charge for consumers
- Launch date: Italy (Apr ’14)
- Closed Date: N/A
- Users: No data yet
- Retailers / merchants: No data yet
- Transaction volume: No data yet
- Transaction value: Over 1 billion € (source: http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/tecnologie/2014-07-14/poste-mobile-miliardo-euro-pagamenti-il-cellulare–164340.shtml?uuid=ABPijgaB)
- Other data points: No data yet
Links & Media
Contact (MobeyForum Members only)
- Name: N/A
- Address: N/A
- Email: N/A
- Phone: N/A