21st of August 2016
- Summary: Paylib is a cards-based digital wallet for online and in-store (via NFC) purchases operating in France only and launched in Sep 2013. Paylib is managed by a bank consortium formed by the current 7 major French banks.
- Website: http://www.paylib.fr/
- Status: Live
- Market: France (Sep ’13)
- Type: Bank Consortia
- Ownership: Paylib is managed by a bank consortium formed by the current 7 major French banks: BNP Paribas, Société Générale, Banque Postale, Crédit Mutuel, Crédit Agricole, Hello Bank and Boursorama Banque.
- Functions: Retail payments only
- Payment Mode: Cards-based
- Channel: In-App, WEB (The payments are made through user’s bank website/application. It means that PAYLIB has not its own application or website where to log in and make a payment, if not, it is an additional solution payment installed in the bank website/application).
- Roadmap: POS via NFC, P2P payments
- Registration & set up: Registration process is done through supporting banks’ website/application. A credit card must be linked to Paylib. No option to add several cards. To validate the account is necessary to enter a code received by SMS. Bank applications are available on Google Play and App Store.
- Making a payment: App must be open. Select Paylib as a payment method and log in. Authenticate with PIN code. (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
Payment Flows & Technology
- Merchant perspective: An implementation of the option Paylib is needed on the merchant website. Paylib allows sales integrate with merchant’s usual electronic payment appropriations. No need to open a specific account, because Paylib is a payment system integrated directly to banks and therefore eliminates one step in the process of payment. Reporting tools and management unchanged.
- Security: Paylib ensures a security equivalent to the 3D Secure system with a smoother buying journey that reduces dropouts baskets and let merchants increase their revenue. Paylib does not mention which specific security is used. Each purchase must be validated by entering a 6-digit code.
- Strategy: Banks (promoters) offer a secure payment solution to the merchants, who are charged for the abovementioned solution. Pricing terms vary from one provider to another.
- Payee fee: Pricing terms are not the same from one provider to another. Paylib aims to offer all online retailers a competitive payment solution in terms of cost.
- Payer fee: No charge for consumers.
- Launch date: France (Sep ’13)
- Closed Date: N/A
- Users: Over 600,000 (source: https://www.lesechos.fr/18/09/2016/lesechos.fr/0211303060309_paiement-mobile—en-france–paylib-fourbit-ses-armes.htm)
- Retailers / merchants: 1,5000 (source: https://www.lesechos.fr/18/09/2016/lesechos.fr/0211303060309_paiement-mobile—en-france–paylib-fourbit-ses-armes.htm)
- Transaction volume: No data yet
- Transaction value: No data yet
- Other data points: No data yet
Links & Media
Contact (MobeyForum Members only)
- Name: N/A
- Address: N/A
- Email: N/A
- Phone: N/A