1st of September 2016
- Summary: Neteller is a cards-based and account to account digital wallet for online purchases operating in multiple markets and launched in 1999 (Canada). Neteller is owned and operated by Paysafe Group Plc. Neteller’s HQ is based in the Isle of Man since 2004.
- Website: https://www.neteller.com/en
- Status: Live
- Market: Canada (1999). Neteller is currently operating in 202 countries.
- Type: Other
- Ownership: Paysafe Group Plc
- Functions: Retail and P2P payments
- Payment Mode: Cards based and account to account
- Channel: WEB, POS via prepaid card
- Roadmap: n/a
- Registration & set up: Registration process is done through the website. Neteller can be loaded with credit card, debit card or bank transfer and Bitcoin. It can also be loaded with other digital wallets, such as: Skrill, iDEAL, PayU, Yandex or Giropay.
- Making a payment: P2P: Entering a recipient email, the transfer amount and currency for the recipient. Authenticate with Secure ID. If the recipient is a NETELLER member the funds will automatically credited to their account. If the recipient does not have a NETELLER Account, they will receive an email explaining a user is trying to send them funds and to register for a NETELLER Account within 30 days to receive the funds.
RETAIL: User has to enter his 12 digital account ID along with his 6 digit secure ID, and the amount of money he wish to transfer.
Payment Flows & Technology
- Merchant perspective: When consumer makes a payment to the merchant, the funds will be instantly transferred from user’s NETELLER Account to the merchant account. (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
- Security: Neteller uses these online fraud and payment security tools: PCI DSS Compliant, 3-D secure, BIN/IP checking, Real-time transaction monitoring, Security code verification (CV2/CVV) and 256 bit encryption and multiple firewalls.
- Strategy: (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
- Payee fee: (Update to follow – Further information being obtained)
- Payer fee: No charge for consumer for paying in shops, restaurants, or online, but deposits in Neteller account can be charged from 0 to 4.95% depending on the credit/debit card type. P2P payments: transfer fee of 1.90% (max of 20$)
Links & Media
Contact (MobeyForum Members only)
- Name: N/A
- Address: N/A
- Email: N/A
- Phone: N/A